Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Impatience is NOT a Virtue. (Revised)

What's my least favorite phrase besides "no"? Wait. Why? Because "wait" implies there's a possibility of no. There's no boundaries. No limits. Endless scenarios play out in my mind. No direction or idea of what is to come. It's maddening! The other reason I hate waiting is because I don't know what to do with myself in the meantime and I'm afraid I will lose focus on what I want. Interesting...

The words of one of my favorite songs comes to mind though. "Take courage my heart, stay steadfast my soul. He's in the waiting. Hold on to your hope as your trials unfold. He's never failing."

Scripture puts it this way:
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 KJV
For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord , they shall inherit the earth.
Psalms 37:9 KJV

The funny thing about being impatient is that I have no governor. I go until I can't. On my own steam, my own ideas, my own timing. Then I get tired and irritated and feel empty. But what does scripture say? Those that wait have strength, energy, and are limitless. Also, they are given the keys to the kingdom: inherit the earth...what!? So now go back to the beginning of this post. Turn everything I tried to make negative into a positive by the grace of God. 

With God: 
There's a possibility of yes or better than yes: His plan!
There's no boundaries or limits
There's endless scenarios and options
I can trust that He knows and is planning my best life
I can rest and not worry because I am not in control
I can focus on what He wants me to focus on: Him

Prayer:
Lord, I give up control and the right to run my life. I give You back what should have been Yours all along: me! Take my life and let it be used for Your glory Jesus. I submit to You again. Govern my heart and remind me frequently of Your immense love and plan for me, even now. After all the things I've had to heal from and get over, You remain my biggest fan and best friend. You are the reason...all the reasons. And I love You. Thank You Jesus... I pray all in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Divine Timing

I have told the story of a vision I had of myself inside brick walls. Tall, thick, high, complex, castle-like fortress walls. Built to prote...