Stop Asking God To Change It
Have you ever had such a silly thought come to your mind that changed everything? (And you kinda feel dumb but glad at the same time)? I had this very profound experience at church the other day (link to the message below) that really changed my spiritual life in an incredible yet simple way. In about 5 minutes' time, the entire weight of everything I didn't realize I had been carrying lifted and I was free. The difference? A very simple mindset change. Stop holding onto things and asking God to change it. Instead, give it to Jesus. Even now I almost typed "ask Him to take it from you" and even that's not right. You have to release your grip on it and give it away.
Is this Biblical? It sure is! Let me show you. Matthew 11:29-30 AMP, Jesus Himself says to His beloved 12 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me [following Me as My disciple], for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest (renewal, blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is easy [to bear] and My burden is light." You might say "well, see? Jesus wants us to carry HIS burden." No, no, no...it's a divine exchange. You give Him your stuff, He gives You what He knows you can handle. That's I believe where the well intentioned mantra "God doesn't give you more than you can handle" comes from. That's true...but...you have to give Him your stuff first. Otherwise you're taking on more and that was never the intention
Let me explain it another way. In one of Peter's messages he encourages the crowd to 1st humble themselves then release their burdens to Jesus (1 Peter 5: 6-7 AMP) v7: "casting all your cares [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares about you [with deepest affection, and watches over you very carefully]." Why would He do that? Why would He want to take your worries and anxieties and cares? Why would He give you His peace instead? The answer is twofold. First, it's in the verse I just quoted: He cares. Deeply. More than anyone has ever cared. Second, the next verse in this passage says "Be sober [well balanced and self-disciplined], be alert and cautious at all times. That enemy of yours, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion [fiercely hungry], seeking someone to devour." (1 Peter 5: 8). He wants us to be strong because He doesn't want us to be taken in by the enemy. Which really is the same point...He cares deeply! What a God we serve!! Everything He does is for us...everything...
Let me give you an example:
I simply prayed "Lord, I give You my health and my children. I give you control over my finances. I give you...." and the list goes on and on and on. I literally knelt and prayed for 5 minutes straight everything I didn't realize I was holding onto and not giving away to Jesus. The truth is, I can't even remember everything it was I gave Him because He took it! And in it's place I have this incredible joy and peace. And that's a promise kept, folks. Our God loves us and He cares. And He promised peace if we would just give all our worries, cares, burdens, anxieties to Him.
My prayer for you is that you would make that simple mindset change also. It's so profound! Scripture is full of places where we're told not to hold onto worry and strife. Go see for yourself!
Be blessed all
Love,
Natalie
https://youtu.be/-AAClnPAEyw?si=5hqmD5vM7Nqa-pvd
No comments:
Post a Comment