Sunday, January 22, 2023

God's plans

I find myself ruminating on God's perfect will. If I'm honest, I've made so many mistakes that there's minimal chance I've followed His perfect will for my life. I think there are times when I've listened to what He has spoken to my heart and followed through with it, even though it was challenging, and was rewarded for my efforts with blessings that have resonated through my entire life. My career path and my children, to give 2 examples. God has shown up big and gloriously in those 2 areas in many ways. And I am grateful.  In other areas, however, I have apparently not yet learned the lesson. And I struggle greatly. In these areas I find myself wondering if God is displeased with me.  If He's punishing me because I am messing it up. If I will ever learn.

While I do think there is discipline for unruly behavior and arrogance/conceit,(see Deuteronomy chapter 8), I also know there is grace for our humanity (see 2 Corinthians 12:9). And I also know that God's perfect love casts out doubt and fear (see 1 John 4:18). God is love! (1 John 4:8). Check your emotions, people. Where are they coming from? Holy Spirit's gentle nudge? Or the enemy's desire to cause shame, fear, guilt, etc? Do your actions line up with the Word of God? Are you acting out of anything besides God's love for you and your desire to serve Him? Take heart in the fact that God knows our struggles, he wants to be invited into them, not hidden from. He knows we don't have our stuff together. And He loves us anyway. Let's get after it together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Divine Timing

I have told the story of a vision I had of myself inside brick walls. Tall, thick, high, complex, castle-like fortress walls. Built to prote...