Wednesday, January 25, 2023

I Got Dreams, Turned 'Em Into Plans

I had a terrible dream about one of my exes moving back in with me. Same old habits, making a fool out of me, putting on a show for others, treating me like I'm beneath him...a piece of property, someone to keep controlled...behind closed doors. This is the first time for this dream. Usually it's one of 2 recurring dreams. 1. Me trying to escape some devastating circumstance. Using my creativity and resources to save me and the kids. Or 2. I bought this enormous house and have to live in it with a bunch of people I can't stand because they bring me down and are fake behind my back. But since I bought it, I get the best portion of it, usually hidden from the general public but glorious to behold. I feel like I probably need to talk to someone about these dreams. Regardless, they are ingrained in my subconscious with no apparent rhyme or reason. I pray this new dream doesn't become part of the repertoire.

These dreams make me wonder if God's trying to tell me something. Oddly enough the scripture of the day says "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14 KJV I know I'm scared to death of repeating the past. I know I'm scared to death to find myself surrounded by people that are bad for me again. I'm so afraid of disappointing my Father in heaven. And I don't want to hide myself anymore. My faith, my failures, my successes, my hopes...my core being. Phillipians 4:8 says "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

So maybe I'm thinking on the wrong things. Letting the wrong things get in my subconscious. One of my church sisters said to me not long ago that I don't like myself and she doesn't know why. Maybe she's right? My bishop said this to me that same day. You have to choose to be a light. For all the people looking up to you, you have to choose God and His ways. Maybe all my fears are coming out in my subconscious. Maybe my insecurities have turned into reality by my choices. And my choices a result of how I think. Oh heck no, techno! Let's start breaking this cycle by bringing back into light what God thinks about us. What He thinks about ME!

In Jesus Christ:

I am loved (John 3:16)
I am God's (1 John 3:1)
I am worthy (Zephaniah 3:17)
I am purposed (Jeremiah 29:11)
I am redeemed (Ephesians 1:7)
I am called (Isaiah 43:1)
I am light (Matthew 5:14)
I am chosen (Revelation 17:14)
I am a saint of God (Romans 1:7)
I am a servant (Acts 26:16)
I am a steward (1 Peter 4:10)
I am a soldier (2 Timothy 2:3)
I am a witness (Acts 1:8)
I am a worker (Ephesians 2:10)
I am victorious (1 Corinthians 16:57)
I have a glorious future (Romans 8:18)
I am a citizen of Heaven (Philippians 3:20)
I am an ambassador (2 Corinthians 5:20)

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!!! Say it over and over. Until it gets deep down in there. Print this list, hang it on your mirror, repeat it to yourself every day, and BELIEVE IT! Not just for you but for your future, your family, your choices, those whom you influence, and for Jesus. He believes in us. He has plans for us. He expects us to be good stewards of everything He's given us, and that includes our minds. I pray you join me in this endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Divine Timing

I have told the story of a vision I had of myself inside brick walls. Tall, thick, high, complex, castle-like fortress walls. Built to prote...