Sunday, August 14, 2022

Things I Never Wanted on my Bucket List (Reprise)

 When I think about my life, it was pretty unchanged for a long time. I made choices that made it not so great for a time, but that was on me. The following things are things that have happened to me due to the toxic presence of evil people in my life. Things beyond my control:

  • Homelessness. Three times
  • My kids' suffering
  • Complete dependence on others
  • Lies told and believed about me
  • Shame and embarrassment
  • Feelings of despair, uselessness, worthlessness and hopelessness
  • Absolute financial ruin
  • No stable church home
  • Loss of friends and family
  • Having to change jobs multiple times
  • Unplanned pregnancies (not unwanted. I always want God's babies. Just unplanned)
  • Fear. Paralyzing fear
  • Abuse of every kind
Many of these things still haunt me. But they don't define me. They are not who I am. Let me tell you who I am. According to Jesus Christ:


I am loved (John 3:16)
I am God's (1 John 3:1)
I am worthy (Zephaniah 3:17)
I am purposed (Jeremiah 29:11)
I am redeemed (Ephesians 1:7)
I am called (Isaiah 43:1)
I am light (Matthew 5:14)
I am chosen (Revelation 17:14)
I am a saint of God (Romans 1:7)
I am a servant (Acts 26:16)
I am a steward (1 Peter 4:10)
I am a soldier (2 Timothy 2:3)
I am a witness (Acts 1:8)
I am a worker (Ephesians 2:10)
I am victorious (1 Corinthians 16:57)
I have a glorious future (Romans 8:18)
I am a citizen of Heaven (Philippians 3:20)
I am an ambassador (2 Corinthians 5:20)


When God looks at me, he sees wonderful imperfection made perfect through Jesus. And He has surrounded me with people who see the real me too. So I'm going to add some things to my list. Things I have that I didn't place the proper weight on before.
  • True forgiveness
  • Real love
  • Proper perspective
  • Dignity
  • Integrity
  • Hope
  • Peace
  • Grace
  • Mercy
  • Strength
  • Fervor
  • True family and friends
  • Unwavering faith
  • Determination
The line of a song comes to mind.
"Though the sorrow may last for the night...His joy comes with the morning"


Say it. Out loud. Over and over. This is not forever! God is in control! Nothing costs me what I've gained through Jesus!


Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Divine Timing

I have told the story of a vision I had of myself inside brick walls. Tall, thick, high, complex, castle-like fortress walls. Built to prote...